Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wimping out.

Made it to the tri-cities area today and spent the day trying to find a good nutrition alternative for water a.k.a. some sort of gatorade like thing that will supply my needs. Bought a crappy handlebar bag so I don't have to get into my panniers at every stop.

Spent $10 sorting out a simple derrailleur issue and a bunch of cash on dinner and beer. Now I'm going to sleep in a motel! The BLi Hi Hotel to be sure. This will be the best night of sleep ever! My knees are much better but the left one is giving me a bit of a problem.

Oh and if you care about the drink mix, I opted for one called Ultima Replenisher in both orange and lemon lime. It tastes like crap. Well that was my first impression. It seems to be growing on me. I will post more info soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, sounds like some awfully tough going for the first 3 days. Can you get some ice on that left knee when you are not riding? What kind of cleat/pedal system are you using? How much weight are you carrying? You may want to pare it way down? You could send me some stuff if you want to decrease the load. For an electrolyte replacement drink, try Hammer nutrition's Heed or Cytomax (widely available at bike shops). Heed Strawberry is mild flavored and does not spike your blood sugar like some drinks. Let me know if I can help in anyway. I'd like to see you have a great experience out there.

-Shane