Thursday, August 13, 2009

good morning...

I had a pretty hard day yesterday. Lots of climbs and a lot of technically hard riding over gravel and sand. I could have avoided it and I think I will next time. This morning my left knee hurts like it did at the end of the day so I will be trying to take it easy today. Perhaps I will stay in a proper campground this evening and have a lazy day. It sucks when your body decides to give up. I've just taken 800mg of motrin and will be relaxing for about 40 minutes.

On a lighter note! On my way into camp last night I startled a yearling buck with velvet still on his antlers. I stayed on a bit of federal land last night called Whitcomb Island. Deer everywhere. Very exciting. I was close enough to an older buck to smell him and man did he smell something fierce!

No comments: