Monday, August 24, 2009

Glacier.

I will miss the Glacier area immensely. For some reason I feel this incredible melancholy coming over me as I ride further away. I may stay the night in the park again. I have already made it to Saint Mary and I find that I have more ride in me if I wanted. I am thinking of Kalispell, MT and all of the amazing people that I have met there. What a great little town. I lift my fork full of strawberry-rhubarb pie to you my dear friends. I am sitting at the Park Cafe in Saint Mary. Their pies taste as close to Mom's pies. They're here all the time and Mom only makes them every once in a while. I really think I could live in Montana for a minute but not for the rest of my life.

It looks a lot like the pacific northwest actually. The weather is so much more extreme though. Although today its pretty mellow and yesterday was down right chilly.

I think I need to find a place to nap for a couple of hours or so and then I guess I'll ride down to Browning in order to keep things rolling along. This will probably post just before I get there. I'll most likely motel it when I get there because there do not appear to be any campgrounds in that area.

No comments: