Sunday, August 16, 2009

The road to reovery.

Moscow, ID,
This place is awesome. It has an awesome bike shop, called Paradise Creek. The owner TJ helped me out with my cleat adjustment and some other minor stuff. Which is good because I woke up this morning with terrible pain in my back, hip and knee. I think my IT band has finally atrophied on me. I've spent the day stretching and enjoying the immense hospitality. My new friend Johnathan has offered to put me up for another night. He's one of the most awesome dudes in town and works for the most awesome gear shop in town called Hyperspud! For some reason I thought there would be more potato references in Idaho but I guess there are more in Washington than here now anyway. At the very least, the locals are awesome. Went to the local co-op to buy some dehydrated foods. I'm over the pressure cooker. It weighs too much and I will be sending it home tomorrow when the Post Office opens. spent some time at a little place called Sisters Brew writing letters and such. A lazy sunday to be sure. I am lightening my load by only carrying what I'll need from now on. I am about to climb in to the rockies.

NOTE: I AM CHANGING MY ROUTE SLIGHTLY.

I am taking dirt forest service road 301 to Avery and then dirt county road 456 to Pearson and then the Haiwatha trail through the St Paul Pass Tunnel and will end up in Taft, Montana.

I will post more on where to from Taft tomorrow when I have a better map in front of me.

AAA maps are good as long as you don't want to leave the pavement. 

Having an awesome trip and I hope you enjoy reading about it!

2 comments:

Meggs said...

I'm sure you have a place to send things, but if you want to send anything back from your travels I can always store it for you no problem!

Ausberto Acevedo said...

I love Moscow!