Monday, May 4, 2009

SUPPORT IL CICLO DI CIRCUITO DEL LAGO MICHGAN

So, I've decided to go for a little bicycle ride. By little I mean 1200 miles of open road with nothing but myself to rely on. The purpose of the tour is to prove that human power is better than oil power. I need to prove it to myself obviously and in turn that will convince others as well.

I tried to fund the entire tour myself but after falling in love with the Surly Cross Check and blowing my entire bank on it. I'm soliciting sponsors for my ride. The official list of possible sponsors includes:

Teko socks makers of the best socks in the world.
IceBreaker makers of fine wool products.
Ortlieb makers of panniers.
Jandd Mountaineering makers of panniers and other wonderful bags.
Surly makers of amazing bicycles and the infamous Nice Rack. Replied and has offered no assistance.
Agu Makers of all things cycling, including really nice panniers.
Arkel Makers of fine cycling bags and accessories. Replied and has offered a generous 33% savings.
Schwalbe Makers of the fine bicycle tires.
Continental Makers of fine bicycle tires.
SmartWool Makers of fine wool products.
Canari Makers of fine cycling clothing.
Pearl Izumi Makers of fine cycling clothing.
Alex Global Technology Makers of fine bicycle wheels.
Planet Bike Makers of fine bicycle accessories.
Chris King Makers of precision bicycle parts.
Cane Creek Makers of precision bicycle parts.
Shimano Makers of precision bicycle parts
SRAM makers of precision bicyle parts.
Brooks England Makers of fine leather saddles and bags.
Mountain Safety Research Makers of fine backpacking gear.
Primus Makers of fine backpacking cooking gear.
Mountain House Makers of fine backpacking cuisine.
W. L. Gore, Inc. Makers of fine outdoor clothing and textiles.
Recreational Equipment Incorporated An outdoor gear cooperative.
Smart Bike Parts My local bike shop.

Hopefully some of these guys can help me out because WOW, cycling just got more cash intensive. Of course, it's nowhere near what a car would cost.

No comments: