Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Planning: IL CICLO DI CIRCUITO DEL LAGO MICHGAN

Initially I thought that I would probably be able to do 100 miles a day. Very funny. After two lovely days in the saddle to the Indiana National Lakeshore Dunewood campground and back I have decided that no less than 80km per day and no more than 110km per day is about the maximum with fully loaded bike.

The reason for this is simple. I want to enjoy myself. 110km is a pretty sweet distance (around 70 miles) to go and still be a quite enjoyable ride in any weather, wind, rain, hopefully not hail. These distances keep me mellow and allow me to meander now and again, off the beaten path. I am in now hurry. This is definately not a race.

I hope to complete the tour in 21 days and at 2100km these limits fit nicely in with the idea of having a rest day somewhere way up north in the middle of no where.

No comments: