Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Peek option

Lately I have been lamenting the high cost of my mobile phone. I have already ditched my high priced T-Mobile plan for a much more cost ffective, though less glamourous, Cricket Wireless plan but i still hate spending the kind of money I was just to stay connected. Enter the peek in combination with Google Voice. I now have a number, very similar to my old number (if you replace 391 with 340 then you know the number, for those of you who want it) that anyone can text or leave a voicemail at, for the small cost of Peek service, which is currently at around $17 a month. This is an excellent option when one considers that if you receive a voicemail, GVoice will transcribe it and send it to my peek in plain text format! I can then reply with a text or an email regarding the call! I never have to touch a phone if I don't want to Awesome! Now if I could get it to make a voicemail from an email, that would be a perfect solution. I imagine this service exists somewhere for TDD users (telephony device for the deaf) but I doubt it's as seamless as the GV option could be.

Sent on the go from my Peek

No comments: