Thursday, July 9, 2009

Double Dagger and The Fiery Furnaces!

I love the Hideout. It's absolutely the best place to see an intimate show in Chicago. I love it!

On an up not DOUBLE DAGGER is probably the best show I've seen in years. The energy, passion and strength that their music takes on in a live performance is easily 10 times that of their records. What a performance! They sound like the pure angst of mid-90's post punk that has matured to a fantastic, spastic fury! I Love IT!

I'm a fan of the Furnaces but I have to say that I won't see them live again. Compared to Double Dagger or even records that I've heard they are so lack luster and a bit boring to see live. This is my opinion obviously but they seem to be too hip to put a little energy towards the crowd, which seemed to love them. I did not. I kept hoping that Double Dagger would maybe go back on, but sadly by the fourth song I was bored to tears and went home knowing that I would definitely see the Daggers at every possible chance. So Good.

No comments: